Whether you are an American company exporting your goods to Senegal or a Senegalese company importing American goods into the Senegalese market, awareness of some key information can dramatically improve the outcome of your venture. Please find below AmCham’s guide to importing American goods into Senegal.
How to Start Bringing American Goods into Senegal?
You are in a favorable position: the American government makes it a priority to assist in increasing American exports and they have established the necessary offices worldwide with qualified officials to assist this aim. The U.S. Commercial Services and the U.S. Embassy in Senegal can assist you in all stages of importing American goods. The U.S. Embassy in Senegal provides you with:
Counseling and advocacy on the Senegalese market
- Market research – Helping you to identify promising business opportunities for you and your company in the Senegalese market
- Helping to identify potential Senegalese business partners and arranging meetings with the necessary business partners and government officials
- Putting you in contact with American exporters
- Helping your company with bid contracts and organizing events that promote your products
- Lists of Senegalese marketers who will enhance your company’s visibility in Senegal
- A list of international buyer programs by sector